24.9.09

the kindle


I was thinking about kindle the other day. I know its been out for a quite while now but I've never seriously considered of getting one until now. How cool though would it be to have access to thousands of books at the click of a button? I only go to the bookstore every so often, and although it doesn't get anymore convenient than Amazon or Ebay, I'd still rather skip the whole 'waiting in the mail' part. Wondering if this particular advantage outweighs kindle's many disadvantages: the fact that its not a real book, the fact that its called an 'e-book' (very 90s term? like Y2K). The fact that I've taken a liking to highlighting my books doesn't help.


Reading 'The Bottom Billion: Why the Poorest Countries are Failing and What Can Be Done About It'. Still waiting for Moyo's 'Dead Aid' to arrive in the mail.

2 comments:

Al said...

eh how to borrow books from you then..:P

if you do buy it,lemme know how it turns out.all those buttons,technology scares me.

syz said...

haha, i'll lend you the kindle anytimee. If I do buy it it'll probably be on impulse.