24.4.09

OSCE

Sleep pattern has been incredibly whacked these past few days. Loads of material still to cover for the exam and I've been trying to see if I could get by with only 1-2 hours of sleep at night. And apparently I can't, I'd spend the night up but end up sleeping during the day so I'm not really gaining any extra study hours.

OSCE exam today, the practical exam where you have to either take patient history or perform a number of clinical examinations. Mine was scheduled for 8am and we were supposed to be there no later than 30 minutes before. Made the mistake of sleeping late the night before (not entirely intentional but I won't go into it) so I actually didn't respond too well to the alarm. It kept going off every 10 minutes but I kept disabling it. Wani came down at 740 and woke me up even though her session was later than mine (THANKYOU!THANKYOU!). By then I was way late already, I was meant to be there at 730. Rushed like crazy, ransacked the cupboard and threw clothes on the floor, trying to look for something remotely professional. Needless to say, I ran for my life. By the time I got there I was panting like crazy and couldn't talk properly. My hair was almost in the same state as when I woke up (although not as bad). The examiner wasn't at all angry, as long as you were there by 8. Referred to as 'Ms Sleepyhead' when attendance was being taken...it must've been obvious.

3 comments:

iamlz said...

Hahaha the way you narrated is so funny! XD
(but I dont mean to laugh at u..)

Hope that doesnt affect your performance =)

Hmm..the 'ms sleepyhead' is a bit cruel haahah..

syz said...

hahah, I was trying to appear very composed, but I think I was a mess. yea it was claire connolly, I hope she was saying that jokingly :s hope yours went ok!

iamlz said...

i forgot to wash hands during GIT.. ><

and the patient actually 'took deep breath' when I touch his tummy..forgot to heat up my hands!