29.4.09

five minutes

I went into the watch shop the other day, just to ogle at their collection. I felt like I could stay in there for hours but there was normal societal conduct to adhere to, and well, damn. I probably stayed for a good ten minutes before deciding I should probably leave. The lady was really nice, gave me a v cool hardcover catalogue (together with price list, of course, lest I forget these things came at a price). I know they're all things that I don't need and I probably need more self control when it comes to watches. Very unhealthy obsession. I spend way too much time browsing them online and always one click short of the online checkout counter. If only we could have it all, man.

Heard for the first time the term 'taxidermy' today. Its uh..let me get wiki..

"the art of mounting or reproducing dead animals for display (e.g. as hunting trophies) or for other sources of study."

I was looking at the videos on the New York Times' 'One in 8 million' website and came across one on 'the urban taxidermist.' Really cool site, showcases random New Yorkers who tell their stories through a series of snapshots. A new story is added every week. The link here.

Back to studying (my head hurts).

No comments: