30.10.09

29oct.

He wants to tell you stories
Stories of boys who stomped their feet saying,
Shut shut up I am dreaming of places
Where lovers have wings.


Shut Up I Am Dreaming of Places Where Lovers Have Wings - Sunset Rubdown

Such a beautiful song.

Its the night of the big Halloween party, and I almost regret not getting tickets for them. They were on sale last week but I felt really lazy about the whole thing then. I still do a bit, although dressing up would have been fun. Like we did last year. I remember the place was packed, and so many classmates turned up as well. I may have missed a good bet.

I've noticed now that increased visits to the gym makes me hungry all the time. Really, I even have tea time now. (Not really tea time but those after-class pre-dinner snacks. Tea time just sounds better.) On the plus side though, I'm usually hungry for salads and fruits and whole wheat bread so I'm starting to think my body knows when I'm trying to put in the effort in being healthy. Those times when I did nothing and just slept in bed were the times that I craved the most for unhealthy snacks and junk food.

But I'm pretty theoretical, and by pretty I mean extremely. Its probably a sudden subconscious awareness for better health, I mean good physical habits naturally manifests in eating habits and overall attitude on well-being without overt, conscious efforts. Just the other day I became aware of my calcium intake, which was pretty random. I don't drink milk and like 90% of the population I have no idea what other sort of food or drinks provide calcium besides those categorised in dairy items.

Ok, this website here recommends collard greens, sardines, green peas, baked beans, salmon, kale.

Meant to get huge supply of carrots tomorrow. Eyesight not getting better. So its a bit like self-medication.

I wanted to write about the amazing debate that was held last week but didn't really find the time. The motion was 'Is development aid doing more harm than good?' (or something like that). I couldn't have come up with a better motion, it was like a dream topic for a debate however nerdy & uncool that sounds. And the people who presented and participated in the discussion afterwards were really good too. It touched on everything; the Marshall Plan (or the European Recovery Program), tied aid associated with trade barriers and disadvantages, and untied aid, the fact that not one country has shown improvement in GDP despite trillions in aid, the widespread corruption of governments and the system as a whole, and all that really. It was really, really good.


The book I ordered, Dead Aid, is still not here. Its been more than a month. Amazon's asked me to rate my satisfaction with the transaction twice already. I'd give a good review, if only it'll arrive already.

No comments: