22.10.09

21oct (25 minutes to badminton)

(Google)

Was in London for the weekend, and met up with Illy, Jamal. The trip couldn't have come at a better time, we were just done with the first continuous assessment MCQs and work was still relatively minimal. I loved everything about it; great company, the perfect length of stay, a day longer and it would have been slightly exhausting (the amount of walking we did, seriously). More importantly though, not once did I feel like I wanted to go back to Ireland the entire time, which is really what defines a holiday for me. Anything that makes me not want to go back home. A lot of times I've gone for 'holidays' but found myself counting down the days to the trip back. I'm not impressed with foreign places per se because at the end of the day, they all look alike. They have roads, and trees, and cars, same as everywhere else. Unless I'm going somewhere completely different like the north pole and US. US is a huge exception for me, I don't know why but I desperately want to go there. Something about America that fascinates me to no end.

Going out for a supper in KL with close friends constitutes as a holiday for sure. For the entire time that I'm there, I don't really want to go home just yet.

2 comments:

iamlz said...

U went to london huh?

I wana go to US again too, let's!

syz said...

hehe let's! aanywhere in the US, I wouldn't mind :)