8.10.07

food to last a lifetime (or in this case 2 days.)

The weekend was pretty full-on.
On Saturday, 11 to 15 people, a mix of juniors and seniors, came over to cook/prepare buka puasa feast to bring to the local mosque. And so we made food enough for 140 people or so. I've never seen so many rice cookers being used in one place at the same time until that day. And the amount of potatoes, onions, carrots used to make the curry were BucketLoads, I kid you not. Worked on it from 1230pm to around 6pm, the seniors did most of it. In the end there weren't that many that showed up and now there's plenty of leftover enough to last til Raya (but not really.)

Today again few of the seniors came over and this time it was to cook for the 1st years. Everything was made from scratch-

Kurma ayam
Kari daging (I think)
Nasi Pilaf (? I think)
Acar buah
Pudding
Chocolate Cake.

I mean, really, these people Can Cook. Maybe the reason I'm so impressed is because I kept doing pasta/nasi goreng in Melb and didn't try anything else. Eitherway the food was amazing. And and, the boys (remember them? the ones eligible for Iron Chef competition.) did Roti John for starters and then a last-minute banana fondue.
Thanks and thanks again, too many people to list down here.
Good food, great company; we got high at one point, but its ok now.

No comments: